Friday, August 13, 2010

A visit from Mr Rainman

It has been raining.  That lovely soaking gentle type of rain that filters into the ground and replenishes all.


It is about this time each year that the early risers in our garden emerge from winter hibernation, and embrace a new season.  I took a walk in the rain and captured these...



and then found what I was looking for...


a new season is just around the corner.

Inside too I have a petite installation...



This dress was made by my mum, Clasina, some fifty years ago with hand stitched silk sent over from Europe.

One of my treasures, and one of the few pieces of her handwork we still have.  I am so grateful that Mum shared her skills with me when I was young.

A lamp base from the shop came home and  I had this lampshade made...



 If you live in Perth, have fun in the rain while it lasts.  I am.

3 comments:

  1. lovely photo's deb..spring is springing and the sap is rising..and it does the soul good..what a wonderful legacy your dear mum has left you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these special photos Deb. I love seeing the new season emerging. The dress your Mum made is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something magical about blossom, it is so cheery on a dull day. Dull days however, are just made for being crafty.

    ReplyDelete