Thursday, May 27, 2010

Being held accountable

I said I would take a pic of my work in progress but procrastination has been playing havoc with me.  As another week draws to a close, I finally have the first draft of my new quilt top up on the board and dared to take a pic.

This quilt changes before my eyes in interpretation, as the initial intent was for a Facet quilt from Kaffe and Liza's Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts but I am not so good at doing as I am told, and still being influenced by the mosaic on page 108, I wanted to take the imagery tighter.


Now I shall make the dark diamonds and then they will get thrown into the mix.  Maybe that will be the time to put a little more order into placement - but I think rather not!   So exciting.

3 comments:

  1. Love this!! I think your diamonds look great! Can't wait to see this one unfold further!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Deb. Now you'll just have to tear yourself away and enjoy your holiday. Or you could do an all nighter and get it together! Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so much prefer a design-as-you-go approach to quiltmaking. It makes it so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete